High Voltage Power Supplies & Safety Information
- What is the difference between a modular power supply and a rack supply?
- What is the difference between voltage mode and current mode?
- Voltage Mode/Current Mode. Why a power supply can only regulate only one of these parameters at a time.
- What is power control? When would it be used?
- What is floating ground?
- What is solid encapsulation?
- Why is oil insulation used?
- What is an electrical corona?
- What is a resonant inverter?
- What is a voltage multiplier?
- High Voltage Power Supply
- What is a “stack” type high voltage power supply?
- Why are corona rings/toroids/balls used on high voltage power supplies?
- What is Ball Soldering?
- Positive polarity, negative polarity, reversible polarity; why is this important when I purchase a supply?
- Can I run your power supplies at maximum voltage? Maximum current? How much should I de-rate your supplies?
- Can I get twice the current from your supply if I run it at half voltage?
- Why is the fall time of your supplies load dependent?
- How should I ground your supply?
- Can I float your high voltage power supplies?
- Can I Operate Your 220Vac Power Supplies at 230Vac?
- Why do I have to provide a current programming signal to the power supply?
- Why do I have to fill out a capacitor charging questionnaire if I’m going to use your power supply for capacitor charging?
- What are the bandwidth capabilities of the HVD Series of High Voltage Dividers?
- What is power factor? What is the power factor of a switching power supply?
- Can I Operate a high voltage power supply designed for 220Vac, single phase from a 208Vac, three phase electrical service?