Spellman High Voltage Customer Actions Regarding COVID-19
To Our Valued Customers:
We want you all to know that Spellman remains operational and committed to our customers throughout the COVID-19 coronavirus crisis. Our greatest concern is for the continued health and safety of our employees and their families, as well as for our customers, our suppliers and their respective families. We’d like to let you know some of the steps we have taken in order to ensure the continuation of business operations as well as the health and safety of our employees.
Our management is continually monitoring the situation, and following recommendations from the CDC, WHO and other government organizations both in the US and for our operations abroad. As a global organization, we have enacted recommended best practices at all of our sites. Last month, Spellman stopped all global travel, both between sites and for customer visits. We are conducting meetings and visits remotely for the protection of everyone involved. We have enacted social distancing at all sites, as well as asked many of our employees around the globe to work remotely from their homes. We have also added additional sanitation practices to our regular cleaning processes at all sites.
All of these things have been done for the protection of our employees. We do not foresee any substantial impact on the continuity of your interaction with members of our team. All global Spellman sites, including manufacturing facilities, continue to fully operate.;
You should also know the following:
We have been proactive in securing our supply chain to firm orders and customer forecast. This began before China experienced the pandemic in advance of the planned Chinese New Year and has continued unabated. We continue to build raw material reserves above typical levels and are successfully filling critical inventory positions. Our inventory position is very healthy to support the current heightened demand.
- We have booked freight in advance, where possible, to manage the potential impact of travel restrictions.
- In specific cases, we are utilizing our network to inform government officials of the urgent need to prevent the interruption of production activities and freight in order for us to support key medical products which directly support the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We have expanded capacity and had already hired additional resources in manufacturing to assure our ability to meet acknowledged dates, particularly in support of key medical applications and scientific instrumentation used in support of COVID-19 research and diagnostics. We are accomplishing this objective by using shift work and re-laying out of space to balance production with social distancing requirements.
- We are accelerating production schedules and building firm customer orders and forecast to stock where we have the ability to absorb any extra capacity. Once this is accomplished, we will then be able to entertain pull-in requests.
- As always, our commitment to our customers remains firm and we sincerely hope that you and your families remain safe and healthy throughout this crisis. From all of our employees to all of you, we thank you for your business and your continued trust in us.