Production and Inventory Planning Manager
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The position provides the opportunity to act as the subject matter expert for all production and inventory planning for Spellman High Voltage. This role requires the ability to plan, and execute production Plans and Schedules in a small quantity, high-mix environment to achieve 100% on time delivery. The P&IC Manager and the team will manage and execute end to end planning, inventory control and replenishment activities required to achieve the production and service objectives of the manufacturing facility by cross-functionally coordinating and scheduling the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies, and schedule and prioritize jobs to meet the customer’s needs.
This specialist will also develop long term production plans utilizing all available data and will interact daily throughout all levels of the organization.
The Production Planning and Inventory Control Manager is directly responsible for the functional areas of Planning, Master Scheduling, and Inventory Control, and directly coordinate with Production, Purchasing, Warehousing, and Receiving and Shipping.
- Manages the development of the production plan by collaborating with end-to-end Supply Chain, including the demand planning teams, to achieve exceptional levels of OTD and flexibility.
- Manages the execution of replenishment strategy for finished goods not produced on site through a Supply Chain Planner.
- Analyzes data and trends to better plan people, equipment and materials usage
- Collaborate with Customer Service and Logistics teams regarding status of supply
- Collaborate with Transportation and Logistics teams to transfer raw materials and sub-assemblies to production facilities and finished goods from production facilities to distribution centers
- Works closely with associates in Production, Logistics, Maintenance, QA and Human Resources
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment for all associates and visitors. Ensures all safety rules are followed
- Maintains lines of communication between associates and management, and actively participates in dashboards and reporting KPIs
- Supports all plant initiatives such as TPM (total productive maintenance), Maintenance Excellence, Safety and HSE, etc.
- Reduce shortages and excess inventory by monitoring finished goods inventory levels, and reviewing and revising production plan and shipping orders as needed
- Maintains good relationships with production facilities and distribution centers by resolving issues and communicating relevant information to appropriate personnel in a timely manner
- Ensure integrity of past productions and success of future productions by analyzing incoming data from production facilities and communicating with appropriate personnel at these facilities regarding issues and discrepancies. Work with QA to ensure quality and conformance.
- Assist Operations teams in collaborative trouble shooting and optimization initiatives
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by successfully completing educational courses and workshops relevant to the job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field required.
- 5 years of experience in Production and Demand Planning
- 5 years of experience in Inventory Planning and Control.
- 5 years of minimum experience using MRP tools
- Extensive knowledge in lean methodologies
- Must have strong proficiency in ERP and MRP systems.
- Electronic / electro-mechanical, high speed Manufacturing Industry experience
- Thorough understanding of MRP functionalities within a SIOP (sales inventory and operations) environment
- Basic understanding of accounting, budgeting and cost control, and warehouse distribution
- Five to ten years related Production Supply Chain Planning, including Demand planning, Master Scheduling, and Inventory Control
- High-mix, Low-Volume discreet manufacturing experience
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization from corporate senior management to floor associates, to suppliers and customers
- eProcurement Systems and supplier portals experience a plus
- CPIM certification preferred
- Spanish fluency a plus
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.