World Class Manufacturing and Technology
Spellman High Voltage Electronics is the world's leading provider of custom designed and standard AC-DC, DC-DC high voltage power converters and X-Ray Sources for: medical, industrial, analytical, and security applications; semiconductor manufacturing; scientific instrumentation; and power feed systems for undersea cables. Spellman is headquartered in the U.S. and has facilities in Japan, Mexico, Europe, and China that provide design, manufacturing and service to our customers throughout the world.
Manufacturing centers are located in New York, Mexico, the UK, Germany and China. Spellman has invested significantly in modern equipment and processes to support both internal and external customers. Our vertically integrated Mexico operations include metal fabricating (stamping, laser cutting, punching, finishing), welding, automated PCB assembly (SMT, VCD, DIP and Radial insertion and AOI); transformer and coil fabrication, proprietary HV encapsulation processes and automated testing in temperature controlled chambers and rooms.
One of the key enabling technologies for our products is high voltage packaging and insulation. Spellman has developed propriety encapsulation techniques and processes based on solid, liquid, gas and hybrid insulation materials including:
- Silicone Encapsulants
- Epoxy Encapsulants
- Dielectric Oil
- Insulating Gases – SF6
- Most importantly, to guarantee consistancy and manufacturing redundancy, we have carefully replicated these methodologies at our various global manufacturing sites.
Continuous improvement is a vital part of our Corporate culture. We utilize a variety of tools to facilitate our on-going programs.
- All facilities undergo a detailed Lean Assessment and improvement plan
- Manufacturing performed using the Toyota Production System and Demand Flow Technology
- Six Sigma Black Belts provide advanced problem solving tools
- Statistical Process Controls and Process Audits to reduce manufacturing variability.
- Use of 8D investigation to clearly identify a problem and quickly implement the solution.