Spellman High Voltage Electronics (“Spellman”) warrants that all power supplies it manufactures will be free from defects in materials and factory workmanship, and agrees to repair or replace, without charge at our sole discretion, any power supply that under normal use, operating conditions and maintenance reveals during the warranty period a defect in materials or factory workmanship. The warranty period is twelve (12) months from the date of shipment of the power supply.
Exceptions to the warranty period, exclusively are:
- Standard SL power supplies (not customized) shall be warranted from defects in material and factory workmanship for thirtysix (36) months from the date of shipment of the power supply.
- Standard XRV series power supplies (not customized) and integrated sub-systems (including X-Ray tube, X-Ray tube cooling apparatus and high voltage interconnect cables shall be warranty from defects in material and factory workmanship for twenty-four (24) months from the date of shipment. NOTE: The X-Ray tube warranty is 2 years on a prorated basis (customer responsible for 1/24th of replacement charge per month) provided there is no evidence of misuse or abuse.
- All Spellman LPX products that incorporate an X-Ray Tube, the standard Spellman Warranty does not apply to the X-Ray tube insert. The X-Ray tube insert warranty is 1 year on a prorated basis (customer responsible for 1/12th of replacement charge per month) provided there is no evidence of misuse or abuse.
- Standard XRBHR Monoblock® X-Ray Sources (not customized) shall be warranty from defects in material and factory workmanship for either thirty six (36) months from date of shipment, or fifteen thousand (15,000) hours of X-Ray ON operation as per the on board hour meter, whichever comes first. NOTE: The X-Ray tube warranty is 3 years on a prorated basis (customer responsible for 1/36th of the replacement charge per month) provided there is no evidence of misuse or abuse.
For all Spellman Products, this warranty does not apply to any power supply that has been:
- Disassembled, altered, tampered, repaired or worked on by persons unauthorized by Spellman;
- Subjected to misuse, negligent handling, or accident not caused by the power supply;
- Installed, connected, adjusted, or used other than in accordance with the original intended application and/or instructions furnished by Spellman.
THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The buyer’s sole remedy for a claimed breach of this warranty, and Spellman’s sole liability is limited, at Spellman’s discretion, to a refund of the purchase price or the repair or replacement of the power supply at Spellman’s cost. Spellman will cover shipping to and from Spellman and the customer for all products failed within 90 days of original ship date, subject to our terms and conditions relative to tampering and abuse. No Defect Found (NDF) are subject to a fee and customers assumes all shipping costs.
No modification, amendment, supplement, addition, or other variation of this warranty will be binding unless it is set forth in a written instrument signed by an authorized officer of Spellman.
Factory Service Procedures
For an authorization to ship contact Spellman’s Customer Service Department. Please state the model and serial numbers, which are on the plate on the rear panel of the power supply and the reason for return. A Service Order Number (SVO number) is needed from Spellman for all returns. The SVO number should be marked clearly on the outside of the shipping container. Packages received without an SVO Number may delay return of the product. The buyer shall pay shipping costs to and from Spellman. Customer Service will provide the Standard Cost for out-of-warranty repairs. A purchase order for this amount is requested upon issuance of the RMA Number (in-warranty returns must also be accompanied by a “zero-value” purchase order). A more detailed estimate may be made when the power supply is received at Spellman. In the event that the cost of the actual repair exceeds the estimate, Spellman will contact the customer to authorize the repair.
Factory Service Warranty
Spellman will warrant for three (3) months or balance of product warranty, whichever is longer, the repaired assembly/part/unit. If the same problem shall occur within this warranty period Spellma shall repair or replace the problem with no charge to the buyer. Should the cause of the problem be proven to have a source different from the one that has caused the previous problem and/or negligence of the buyer, buyer will be responsible for repair and freight. Spellman Worldwide Service Centers
For a complete listing of Spellman’s Global Service facilities please go to:
101520-007 Rev H