Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
- Procure inventory, supplies, for production purposes.
- Keep records of all acquisitions to ensure that purchases remain within budget and on schedule.
- Receive requisitions and check each item for quantity, specifications, and delivery requirements.
- Develop and investigate supply sources, and issue request for quotations, proposals, or bids for those items not covered by any existing purchasing arrangement.
- May serve as liaison to suppliers.
- Work under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment.
- Consult with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience.
- Complete knowledge of ERP systems
- Analyzes MRP Requirements
- Quote annual contracts/agreements with manufacturers and distributors.
- Review requisitions for purchase
- Communicates with suppliers to obtain product and/or service information on Market Trends such as price and availability.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Prepares quotes for competitive bids.
- Creates Excel spreadsheets to analyze bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Work with suppliers to return material and reorder rejected or unacceptable goods by quality.
- Expedites delivery of goods and/or services.
- Able to work in a structured fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret department procedures, general business periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures.
- Strong communication skills relating to writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong mathematical aptitude to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, total cost and percentages.
- Must be a proficient user of Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 5 years purchasing experience in an electronics manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone; able to lift and move up to 34 pounds occasionally
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.