Senior Vice President of Global Operations
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a privately owned, rapidly growing B2B company is seeking a creative and seasoned leader to expand and enhance global operations. Spellman designs and manufactures power conversion products for systems used in medical diagnostic imaging, sub-microscopic material analysis, security, industrial inspection, semiconductor manufacturing and underwater data transmission.
The Senior Vice President of Global Operations is responsible for: 1) Expanding global capacity; 2) Enhancing flexibility and resilience; 3) Improving process control and efficiency; 4) Deploying robust talent development and succession plans; and 5) Collaborating with internal and external customers, suppliers and partners. The SVPGO fosters collaboration and ensures alignment between Production, Sales, Sourcing, Product Development and Quality. He/she will help develop cross-site and cross-functional high performing teams and build flexible, resilient individual and organizational capabilities. As a key member of the top management team, the SVPGO participates in corporate strategic planning and execution.
- Continuously improves manufacturing operations to meet customer expectations, enhance flexibility and lower costs
- Develops and maintains business continuity plan
- Ensures effective capacity planning and budgetary processes
- Coordinates with Engineering to optimize designs, new product releases, and DFM
- Develops a Lean/Six Sigma culture and works closely with Quality to determine root causes, eliminate waste, and take proactive steps to ensure world class process control and product reliability
- Collaborates with Sales, Engineering and Quality to establish multifunctional communication links with customers and provide exceptional customer value and satisfaction
- Enhances the performance of peers and the President, as well as reporting staff
- Develops and mentors staff
- Drives best practices in all areas of responsibility
- Regularly visits all sites, vendors and key accounts
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, with a minimum of 10 years of experience leading international, multi-site, electronics-assembly operations
- Master’s Degree in Technology or Business (MBA)
- Significant experience in Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management required
- A strong record of accomplishment in engaging employees, motivating teams and developing talent
- Significant competency in data analytics including using financial and statistical data to guide, execute and monitor processes, initiatives and KPI’s
- Proficiency in ERP utilization, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven tactical, strategic management and decision making skills
- Ability to be creative, transparent and adaptive in a constantly changing environment
- Must be comfortable and effective both as a team leader and as an active team member
- Foreign language proficiency (Spanish/Chinese) a plus
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.