Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives
Utilizes extensive industry and technical expertise and experience to perform engineering work and applied research, development and/ or design of new products, while providing advice, assistance, direction and training required to develop, launch and manufacture new product solutions.
- Designs, modifies and evaluates electronic circuitry, parts, and components for high voltage power supplies.
- Helps in researching and analyzing data such as specifications, and manuals to help determine feasibility of design or applications.
- Participates in technical design reviews in accordance with established NPI process.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operating data and conducts experimental tests.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation for inclusion in manuals.
- Works with technical personnel to ensure prototype models are assembled according to design specification.
- Supports manufacturing department on newly released products.
- BSEE or higher education.
- 5+ years of experience designing switch-mode power supplies.
- Hands-on experience (design verification, troubleshooting).
- Experience with high voltage power supplies (10kV and higher) is a plus.
- Magnetic design experience a plus
- Control theory knowledge a plus
- Deep understanding of basic converter topologies.
- Keen understanding of analog circuits.
- Familiarity with soft switching techniques, schematics capture and PCB layout.
- Familiarity with digital electronics.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.