Regional Business Development Manager – Medical Imaging Products
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a privately owned, rapidly growing B2B company is seeking a creative and seasoned leader to expand and enhance global operations. Spellman designs and manufactures power conversion products for systems used in medical diagnostic imaging, material analysis, security, industrial inspection, semiconductor manufacturing and underwater data transmission.
The role of the Business Development Manager is to serve as subject matter expert, and provide knowledgeable analysis of the General X-Ray Products market specific to Greater China/Korea/Japan/South Asia, based on strategic guidance developed in conjunction with management. The RBDM will help ensure alignment of the strategy with the changing landscape of the General X-Ray Products market. The BDM must have a broad range of experience and in-depth knowledge of the local market for High Voltage Power Conversion Products and collaborate with stakeholders, including technical and functional management, vendors and customers, in order to drive growth for the business. The RBDM will provide analysis and guidance covering the local market segment, the applications within it, and apply principles, methods and knowledge of the local market to specific internal and customer requirements to arrive at solutions. Up to 50% travel is required.
- Manage the General X-Ray Products segment, and the applications with it, and is responsible for business development in the location.
- Provide essential technical information, and closely coordinate with the Global Business Development Manager (GBDM) - who is responsible for the market segment globally.
- Collaborate with the Regional Sales Director /VP and Regional Sales Managers in the location, and other stakeholders, to identify and progress new business opportunities, and identify risks.
- Support and/or identify new or potential customers and business opportunities;
- Identify competition and collaborate with Regional Sales Leaders for specific competitive strategies
- Work with GBDM to set segment strategy for relevant products and applications in the location; formulating plans, and creating the product roadmap.
- Train/educate the Sales team on assigned products, applications and segments.
- Work with Regional Sales Directors on trade show identification/participation.
- Provide analysis on the direction of the local General X-Ray Products market to the GSME and Regional Director / VP, Identify/track trends, and produce white papers or technical articles; keep abreast of relevant news and information, including research, trends and developments and incorporate them into the strategy where appropriatBuild strong relationships by networking/partnering, and ensure excellent customer interactions.
- Keep abreast of relevant news and information, including research, trends and developments and incorporate them into the strategy where appropriat
- Contribute actively to Spellman’s market presence through presentations, membership in industry associations.
- Identify and provide the business case for local M&A opportunities in this market segment.
Essential Job Requirements:
Four-year degree in Business, Management, Engineering or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
3-5 years of broad/diverse business development background and experience in the relevant market.
- Ability to design, author analysis for this market segment.
- Leadership skill/experience to progress efforts, with the ability to navigate complex issues to achieve results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral, verbal and written communications skills
- High degree of collaboration skills
- Engineering knowledge
- CRM (Microsoft Dynamics or similar) experience a plus.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly