Responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the inspection departments. Develop improved methods for in-process inspections, and defect recording. Organize and perform purges throughout manufacturing, quality and test for defective material. Ensure that all parts, assemblies, and final products are inspected and move to next operation step according schedule.
- Train, observe, and monitor Inspector quality and productivity
- Interface with the Mexico for incoming transfer material on quality issues
- Interface with the Manufacturing Engineering Department on manufacturing issues
- Delegate jobs to inspector with respect to skill level
- Utilize schedules to ensure product is inspected and move to next step on schedule
- Attend stand-up meeting on the production floor to get list for material will move to inspection
- Co-ordinate Purge for defective material found on the floor
- Validate and approve daily labor swipes and payroll weekly
- Write Inspector annual performance reviews
- Trouble shoot and resolve Genealogy issue
- Create and update checklist for final inspection
- Interview job applicants when needed
- Adhere to and enforce all company policies and procedures
- Participate in, and may lead lean activities such as Value Stream Mapping projects
- Proficient in English comprehension and expression; including reading and writing
- Preferred bilingual
- Experience with MRP systems i.e. Glovia
- Knowledge of Lean concepts preferred – 5S, Kanban, VSM’s
- Well-developed computer skills
- Able to use MS Office products
- AA degree required
- IPC 610 Certification required
- 5+ years’ work related experience, with 2-3 years in a supervisory capacity
- May be required to lift approximately 50 lbs.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.