Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
As a Prototype wirer, you will be wiring soldering and building prototype units utilizing schematics, blueprints, wiring diagrams, engineering sketches and verbal instructions.
- Wire, solder, fabricate and assemble prototype units
- Utilize schematics, blueprints, wiring diagrams, engineering sketches, and verbal instructions to build printed circuit boards and subassemblies
- Rework (as necessary)
- Fabricate vector board circuits and enclosures from engineering sketches
- Work with sheet metal and polycarbonate material utilizing available machine shop hand and power tools (ex: table/band saws, brake, punches, etc.)
- May be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties as requested by the supervisor and/or manager
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in an R & D environment
- Surface mount assembly and rework experience is preferred
- Able to utilize schematics, blueprints and wiring diagrams, ability to identify components
- Excellent soldering skills and sheet metal experience
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in reading schematic/assembly drawings and assembly and/or rework of printed wiring boards
- Proficiency with small hand and power tools
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.