Test and Repair Technician (Core Products)
The testing and investigation of finished production units to specification including fault finding and rectification and rework.
- Testing, fault finding and repair of high voltage power supplies.
- Completion of test reports and documentation in accordance with customer requirements and in line with the Quality Management System standards.
- Upgrading and modification of assemblies and finished product.
- Interpretation and implementation of changes to assemblies and finished product in accordance with documentation.
- Identifying product quality and performance issues and raising appropriate non-conformances.
- Liaising with Design Engineering, Test Equipment Design and Sales in support of meeting customer requirements and finished product quality and performance.
- Responsibility for adhering to the Company’s ISO 9001 Quality, ISO14001 Environmental and Health and Safety management systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to test product by following test procedures accurately and meeting standard times.
- Ability to use test equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, digital power supplies and multi meters.
- Experience in high voltage test methods.
- Experience in soldering and rework methods to IPC standards.
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing facility.
- Competent in MS Office.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Repair and diagnostic fault finding experience to component level.
- HNC in Electrical/Electronics Engineering desirable.
- Knowledge of high voltage test methods a distinct advantage
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, colour, creed, gender, sexual orientation gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone that could be suitable please contact Denise Potter.