Spellman High Voltage is a state-of-the-art production facility located in the city of Matamoros, Tamaulipas; just south of the Texas border (near Brownsville). The Facility is 126,000 sq.-ft. and will expand to 162,000 sq.-ft. over 5 separate phases. Last phase will start construction tentatively on March-April 2016. Winner of the Tamaulipas State Quality Award 2010, Spellman de Mexico S.A. de C.V. is staffed by 900 highly trained assemblers and technicians, and supervised by a dedicated manufacturing engineering staff fluent in English and Spanish. This site produces both finished products and critical sub-assemblies used at other Global Spellman facilities (New York and UK)
Plant 3 integrates Lean Manufacturing Principals and Six Sigma Techniques and is specialized in manufacturing, test, service, and recently in sales to customers in Mexico and other Latin American Markets. Spellman de Mexico has full capability of all aspects of high voltage assembly, including high voltage transformers, printed circuit boards, cables and harnesses, and other High voltage assemblies. This operation utilizes the same automated and proprietary encapsulation and test technologies that are used in Spellman's corporate production center located in Hauppauge, New York.
Our design and development centers in New York and the United Kingdom have benefited greatly by the high quality, on time delivery, and cost savings obtained from this Mexican manufacturing site. Thanks to our investment in these facilities, Spellman continues to lead the high voltage industry in technology, quality, and in overall responsiveness to the competitive demands placed on us by our global customers.
Some important facility features are:
- ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 Certifications
- 2010 Tamaulipas State Quality Award Winner
- 3rd Place of CFE’s (Federal Electric Power Commission) 2012 National Energy Saving Projects (or PNAEE for its initials in Spanish)
- Green Building Design – 1st LEED Certified Building in the State of Tamaulipas, Mexico and 11th in all of Mexico
- 1st Facility in Mexico using Natural Gas Chill HVAC systems
- Building specialized in the assembly and test of End Products and Shipping.
Competencies are Test, Test Engineering, Calibration and Final Assembly including sub-assemblies such as Multipliers and Encapsulation.
- Fully Automated Test Systems to ensure product compliance (IC programming / Fixtures / BI / Pre & post-test and Final)
- Bilingual Staff