Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)
The SQE will support, engineer and manage a wide variety of Supplier Quality issues. These issues will include daily assistance to Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement, and Engineering.
- Drive acceptable incoming quality levels to support manufacturing, cost, capacity and delivery goals
- Perform Certification Audits of potential new suppliers
- Conduct periodic surveillance audits at existing suppliers
- Track Supplier Quality Issues and drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Drive scrap reduction initiatives
- Support Procurement in the identification and qualification of alternate suppliers to ensure source of supply and realize cost reduction opportunities
- 7 – 10 years as an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer
- BS Degree in a technical discipline such as Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience and demonstrated ability to drive improvement of supplier quality and strong background in auditing
- Experience with electrical, electro-mechanical, plastics, metal, injection molding, and PCB suppliers
- Lead Free (RoHS) manufacturing process knowledge
- Statistical Processes Control (SPC) knowledge and application
- Working knowledge of ISO9000, ISO14001 Quality Systems. FDA Regulatory knowledge a plus
- Ability to read and understand, mechanical drawings, specifications, Bills of Materials, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly , both orally and in written form
- Produce a work product that is concise and easily understood
- Ability to simultaneously focus on multiple activities in a fast paced competitive environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, and make sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems
- Ability to do business internationally and to communicate effectively across language, and cultural barriers
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Project, and Power Point as well as software and hardware tools required to accomplish day-to-day work activities.
Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.