Manufacturing Engineer III
Analyze existing processes, recommend and implement process improvements. Review documentation requirements, generate manufacturing instructions and procedures, and generate ECN’s to correct errors or improve manufacturability. Lead DFT/Lean/Six Sigma teams on specific projects, work under general supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment. Provide mentoring of less experienced engineers within the department.
- Utilize DFT/Lean/Six Sigma principals to lead project teams in improving processes, product flow, OTD, and product quality
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Engineering groups to develop, coordinate and implement technical training of employees
- Generate time/labor standards and routings to enable an understanding of capacity, load and efficiency
- Design assembly fixtures and tooling to aid in the manufacture of assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Develop and maintain operational procedures
- Generate manufacturing instructions and procedures in support of product build requirements and generate ECN’s as required
- Support the introduction of new products through DFM reviews, product readiness reviews, process and fixture development, and assembly documentation
- Review defect data, analyze potential root causes and implement corrective actions as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering or a related field
- 8+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- SMT Experience
- Wave Solder Experience
- Printed Circuit Card assembly experience
- Six Sigma/Lean experience a plus
Computer skills including Microsoft project, Word, Power Point, Excel, Visio, Auto-Cad LT, ERP systems preferred.
Working conditions are normal for an engineering environment. Work involves lifting of materials and products up to 50 pounds. Equipment operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, and hearing protectors. The hired candidate will be working with units producing high voltages, and possibly producing x-rays. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.