Engineering Technician – Product Development
The Engineering Technician performs independently assigned tasks in assisting Project Engineers with new and modified designs. The key responsibility will be testing and troubleshooting to component level of all power supplies and sub-assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Work independently assisting Project Engineers in development of High Voltage power supplies.
- Testing of prototypes to full compliance of customer specifications.
- Testing of new software and firmware.
- Provide customer support as needed, which may occasionally require travel to customer sites.
- Recommend and implement changes and improvements to test procedures and test methods.
- Work closely with prototype assemblers and Project Engineers to ensure proper assembly of prototypes.
- Associate Degree in Electronics technology or equivalent technical certificate.
- 4 years of experience as a Technician with at least 2 years of experience on Power Supplies or Power Supply circuits
- Able to read and understand schematics and circuits.
- Able to troubleshoot down to component level.
- Basic soldering skills.
- Computer literate in MS Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
Working conditions are normal for an engineering environment. Work involves lifting of materials and products up to 50 pounds. Equipment operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, and hearing protectors. The hired candidate will be working with units producing high voltages, and possibly producing x-rays. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.