Working with suppliers to improve the quality of supplied materials and reduce variation. Interfacing with departments including Design, Manufacturing, Test and Customer Service to resolve problems and support produce and process improvements. Utilising Quality (Kaizen) tools to identify failure trends of products or processes and introduce or instigate corrective and preventive actions. Lead and support teams to drive continuous improvement initiatives in all areas of the business. Help maintain and improve the quality and environmental management system and promote continuous improvement.
- Management of supplied material quality issues raised by the factory. Working with factory and suppliers to ensure problems are effectively resolved and investigations are fully documented.
- Effectively minimise repeat issues affecting production, instigating and following up Supplier Corrective Action Reports.
- Continually aim to establish and implement continuous improvement activities supporting the movement to a supplier quality regime to reduce the need for upstream inspection and testing activities, continued quality of materials and drive improvements to quality acceptance performance.
- Plan, conduct and fully document first article inspections as necessary on new and updated parts to ensure compliance to the drawing specification and appropriate IPC standards.
- Responsibility for reviewing and closing identified supplier related NCR’s in a sustainable and timely fashion.
- Establish annual supplier audit schedule and conduct approval and surveillance audits in line with the requirements of ISO9001 and the Quality Agreement in place with the supplier.
- Maintain and distribute supplier scorecards and continuously improve the supplier management process.
- Carry out audits/capability assessments of potential suppliers in response to the Company’s Procurement strategy.
- Help identify supply chain risks and develop mitigation plans for business continuity.
- Visit and liaise with customers on quality and technical issues providing appropriate responses and reports (including 8D/CAPA).
- Prepare and provide customers with product analysis and reports to demonstrate field reliability and drive improvement.
- Review and respond to customer score cards providing detail of planned improvements as appropriate.
- Carry out analysis using company databases including NCR (Internal failures) / RMA (external failures) and test data using analytical tools including Statistical Process Control to identify areas for improvement.
- Support new product introduction process utilising techniques including VOC, DOE, Poke Yoke, DFMEA, DFM, QFD to ensure optimised designs.
- Use problem solving and root cause analysis techniques to improve product and process quality, leading and supporting improvement teams to support continuous product and process improvement.
- Support quality, environmental and lean/6 Sigma initiatives.
- Carry out quality and environmental management system audits.
- Commit to achieving the company business, quality and environmental objectives and policies
- Responsibility for adhering to the Company’s ISO 9001 Quality, ISO14001 Environmental and Health and Safety management systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated ideally to degree level or HND/HNC Electrical/Electronics Engineering or similar with previous significant experience working in a quality/lean role within electronics design and manufacture for low volume high value products.
- Some knowledge of power supply design is preferable but as a minimum the ability to understand and work from schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Ideally experience of power supply manufacturing and high voltage, analogue, digital and system design.
- Previous quality training and experience within ISO9001 and ISO14001 Quality and Environmental Management Systems and trained internal auditor.
- Lean/6 Sigma qualified (at least green belt level) with experience and success in implementing these tools and methodologies.
- Ability to co-ordinate other departments and external customers/suppliers if necessary to run 8D investigations or DMAIC projects ensuring robust permanent corrective actions are implemented.
- Experience of reliability analysis would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of up-to-date components and technology.
- Ability to work under pressure to demanding time scales and effectively assimilate information.
- Computer literacy including MS Office.
- Hands on, innovative, and team player, ability to work effectively at all levels, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quality Standards and improvements.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, colour, creed, gender, sexual orientation gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.