Junior Test and Repair Technician
The testing and investigation of production products, fault finding and rework.
- ONC or equivalent in Electronic Engineering
- Experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of high voltage test methods an advantage
- Testing, fault finding and repair of production high voltage power supplies and completion of test reports and documentation to Company Quality Management System standards.
- The upgrade and modification of production high voltage power supplies to change documentation to Company Quality Management System standards.
- Highlight and raise non-conformances where relevant.
- Liaise with Design, Test Equipment Design and Sales as required
- Keep informed and support the Company ISO14001 Environmental Management System and ISO9001 Quality Management System and improvement team activities.
- Commit to achieving the Company’s business, quality and environmental objectives and continuously seek new ‘green’ opportunities and suggest ways the business can improve
- Carry out any other reasonable task as directed and for which the job holder is capable
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to test product by following test procedures accurately and meet standard times.
- Ability to use test equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, digital power supplies and multi meters.
- Experience in high voltage test methods.
- Experience in soldering and rework methods to IPC standards.
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing facility
- Competent in the use of MS office.
- Good communication skills
- Awareness of the risks associated with high voltages and the Company’s safety requirements.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, colour, creed, gender, sexual orientation gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.