Cell Manufacturing Technician
The Cell Manufacturing Technician is responsible for the assembly and testing of manufactured power supply products, soldering, mechanical assembly and rework of assemblies.
- Carry out all aspects of electro mechanical and PCB assembly
- Testing of production high voltage power supplies and completion of test reports and documentation including accurate recording of test logs.
- Cleaning and packing of products using COSHH substances using appropriate PPE provided
- Raising documentation including changes to build documentation, non-compliance/rework records and stores requisitions in accordance with Company processes
- Ensure familiarisation and application of the Company quality management system including static handling precautions, workmanship standards and the use of test equipment, systems of test and procedures/specifications.
- Maintain an awareness of the dangers of working with high voltage and the Company’s safety requirements
- Maintain a high accuracy of stock control, manage stock levels and replenish and place Kanban orders as required
- Maintain awareness and support the improvement activities in respect of the company’s ISO9001 and ISO14001 Quality and Environmental Management Systems and commit to achieving the Company’s business, quality and environmental objectives
- Continuously seek new ‘green’ opportunities and suggest ways the business can improve and work with other team members to continuously improve quality and processes
- Maintain and improve housekeeping, cleanliness of work area and working practices in accordance with 5S tasks
- Flow products where possible to reduce wasteful processes (Lean initiative)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of high voltage considerations (training can be provided)
- Understanding of mechanical assembly procedures and processes
- Appreciation of modern manufacturing techniques
- Good communication skills, hands on approach and good team player
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, colour, creed, gender, sexual orientation gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.