To negotiate and co-ordinate the timely and cost effective supply of electro mechanical components and support services, to the point of need, thereby ensuring that Company cost and performance targets are achieved. Close liaison and active contribution with Planning, Sales and Manufacturing disciplines (team approach). The job is also highly focussed in respect of environmental considerations associated with packaging, re-usable where possible, consolidated deliveries and COSHH sensitive, in particular where solid and liquid waste disposal is concerned.
- Develop long term supply relationships with key vendors employing supply chain management techniques to ensure the timely and cost effective supply of electro mechanical components and support services.
- In considering new sources for a product or service, preference should be given to sources that hold ISO9001 and ISO14001. These awards demonstrate a responsible business attitude to quality and environmental issues.
- Work closely with Engineering on requirements for new electro mechanical components, contributing cost effective (already used) components and competence sources of supply for the given requirement.
- Ensure that deliveries are consolidated where appropriate to maximise use of each delivery vehicle. This not only reduces cost but also reduces the impact on the environment.
- Negotiate cost and lead time reductions on bespoke and proprietary components.
- Ensure that vendors of critical parts are fully aware of the Supplier Score Card process and the importance of maintaining category A performance levels.
- Completion of daily MRP output with due consideration given to maximising delivery schedule.
- Contribute to stock minimisation tasks as part of stock reduction team
- Assist Purchasing Manager in ensuring departmental objectives are achieved. NCR database and supply chain score card reporting and analysis and data production are key tasks.
- Re-usable packaging for inbound and outbound shipments should be the first consideration in all cases. Where this is not a practical option ensure that all packing materials purchased are recyclable.
- Keep system updated with accurate pricing and lead time data.
- Responsibility for adhering to the Company’s ISO 9001 Quality, ISO14001 Environmental and Health and Safety management systems and contributing to continuous improvement initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Computer literate and good understanding of manufacturing systems (MRP, ERP, MPS)
- Modern supply methods including Kanban proficient
- Diploma in purchasing and supply desirable but not essential
- Ability to detect processes, products or performance defects and work with Purchasing Manager to implement corrective actions.
- Supply chain agreement maintenance
- Strong negotiation skills
- Cost of acquisition focussed
- A good team player with hands on approach and the ability to share with other team members
- Strong understanding and commitment to environmental issues and skilled in supply chain greening
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, colour, creed, gender, sexual orientation gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.