Utilizes extensive industry and technical expertise and experience to perform engineering work and applied research, development and/ or design of new products, while providing advice, assistance, direction and training required to develop, launch and manufacture new product solutions.
- Designs, modifies and evaluates power electronics, analog and digital circuits, parts, and components for high voltage x-ray generators. The generator includes power, analog, digital, and microprocessors circuits.
- Helps in researching and analyzing data such as specifications, to help determine feasibility of design or applications.
- Participates in technical design reviews.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operating data and conducts experimental tests.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation for medical device regulatory requirements.
- Works with technical personnel to ensure prototype models are assembled according to design specification.
- Supports manufacturing department on newly released products.
- Create documentation for product release to production (In English and German).
- Travels to customer sites, suppliers and other Spellman locations for on-site support, evaluations and training.
- BSEE or higher education (concentration in power electronics)
- German language is a must, good English knowledge in speaking and writing.
- Hands-on experience (design verification, troubleshooting).
- Deep understanding of basic converter topologies.
- Keen understanding of analog circuits.
- Familiarity with schematics capture and PCB layout software.
- Understanding of digital and microprocessors hardware (understanding firmware is a plus)
- Experience with high voltage power supplies (10kV and higher) is a plus.
- Experience with medical devices is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel worldwide.
- Good knowledge in MS-Office